彭小盛

又一个WordPress站点

CEO岗位学到的”-杰夫伊梅尔特写给接班人的临别赠语 “我在GE-首席人才官CHO

CEO岗位学到的”-杰夫伊梅尔特写给接班人的临别赠语 “我在GE-首席人才官CHO

【2000年我和我的GE医疗的同事们一起努力奋斗,亲眼见证了Jeff Immelt从三位优秀候选人中被杰克韦尔奇选中成为GE首席执行官,当年GE医疗中国也成为了全球成长最快的企业。Jeff之所以能胜出,韦尔奇说:重要的是我们的医疗器械部门取得了很多出色的成绩的哥哈喜喜 ,医疗事业部将成为通用电气未来的营运模范。我觉得它拥有智慧和协调能力。“另外一位董事强调Jeff的学习和成长能力是三人中学识最好的。Jeff认为通用电气能够持续百年发展最突出的原因是”人和文化“。昨天当我看到Jeff写给接班人John Flannery和GE员工这篇文章时,回忆起记忆中他的和蔼可亲,平易近人,有勇气敢于担当创新,永远在学习改变,一直坚持投入在环保和数据化领域,“Our best GE business have had a “True North” to build the fulture. 未来一切皆有可能! 工作不只是眼前的苟且,还有诗和远方的田野。感慨万千,现将他的10句临别赠语翻译出来,希望能帮助到更多的企业和领导人持续成长和发展。时间仓促,翻译不对的地方欢迎大家指正。在此也感谢Jeff Immelt的老战友原GE医疗全球高级副总裁/中国区总裁Chih Chen先生和所有GE医疗的战友们给予的倾情奉献和帮助! -翻译:古京丽】
以下是中文翻译和Jeff Immelt发表在Linkedin的英文博客
——————————————
我和通用电气(以下简称GE)员工分享了以下博客内容猎食无限 。这是我担任GE首席执行官期间的一些心得体会。明天我会把CEO的接力棒交给JohnFlannery,我相信他是带领通用电气公司走向未来的最佳人选。
今天是我作为GE首席执行官的最后一天,明天John Flannery将掌管GE这家世界领先的数字化产业公司。我认识John已经20年了,他是一个有思想,自律、有魅力和远见的领导人。我们的团队和客户尊重他的决策和全球化视野。他是带领通用电气走向未来的最合适的人选。
在我离开GE前,我将与John及主要股东紧密合作交接。不过,这是我给大家的最后一篇博客,我会提供一些在领导GE时的一些体会和经验教训。领导力是一个“独幕剧”,我相信John会用自己的方式来完成GE CEO的工作。另一方面,学习是所有优秀领导者的DNA特质。我从未停止过学习,我知道John也会持续学习和成长的。

一 设定高标准的目标。你必须一直着眼于未来,要有远见,建立高标准,让员工勇于担当,即使再困难也要为公司的荣誉而战指望造句 ,“时刻关注着”每一天每一分钟,尊重和激励他人,作为竞争者司徒美堂 ,永远要把精力放在最重要的事情上。
二做出真正艰难的决定,这些大都是没人愿意做的事情,比如:削减股息,出售NBCU,收购Alstom。作为CEO,你不能害怕决策或批评。记住,每一份工作或决定在你真正走马上任行动之前都会看似容易。永远要走在光明的大道上,我学会了(在艰难的时候),你不能控制事件本身,但你可以控制管理好自己,好的领导者选择行止有方的高效路径。
三 明天终将来临,不要为曾经的投入而后悔。长远目标不只是一系列的短期目标的累积,它更是一种思维习惯和态度。工业互联网以及3D打印将定义GE的未来。坚持不放弃,尽管有时我们的股东有超越流程的不同视角或价值观牛奶歌,但“True North”(正确的方向)会带领GE业务走向最好的未来,未来业务的成长和发展会证明这一切。(翻译注解:North是正北方,又名星北,是地球自转轴心的北方,亦即是北极星的方位。6 Sigma翻译为“真北”双天至尊 。人们通过确定北方的方位,来找到前进的方向,意思是如果企业找到了自己的北极星,相当于说找到了正确的前行方向,不会迷失在慢慢长夜里。尽管没有单一方法可以让你成为以为完美的领导者,但真诚地坚持有益于他人和社会的价值观,会让你成为一位出色的领导者)。

四 让感知与事实保持同步。很多事情不是看似的简单容易或直接了当;没有数据支撑的事实就不是真相,“有时人们喜欢一吐为快”,并称之为“直率”。他们自己感觉很好,但别人却感觉更糟糕了。始终带着解决方案,一切都是公开透明的。记得那件事只是前进道路上的一个过程,而不是一种判断和结论。真相让我们了解和面对事实和问题。
五 行事无论大小长短,自己都要深思而后行。最好的领导者是多才多艺的思想家,既懂战略又关注细节,既有全球化的视野预见未来的10-20年,又能关注到每个季度的成长。有些事情让别人总结出来好过自己说出来。
六 授能于人,相信你的团队靖江人才网。当团队有目标和被授能时是我们发展得最快的时候,我们发展最快的业务:全球化,数据化,绿色创想。。。所有这些都因为我们有一个行动高效的强大团队,善用我们的规模。组织的权力必须要授出去。

七 我们赢在市场,而非会议室。我们很容易被困在公司里面,我始终坚信顾客决定我们的成功。围绕在你身边的“探索者”将影响未来,你必须听他们的我为钱狂 ,并乐于尝试和失败。但成功需要做而非说。通用电气拥有创纪录的高储备和市场份额,随着时间的推移定将会有所回报。领导市场意味着必须非你不可,就像氧气一样。
八喜欢工作本身多于头衔。我为你们和投资者工作。每天远离你应该做的重要工作……而在会议室、外部论坛等等……浪费了你的时间。我从没想过要成为一名CEO,但我喜欢CEO做的各种大量工作。没有一份工作可以像GE这样让我实现目标与承诺。
九 永不放弃。MikeTyson说:“每个人都有策略,直到他们被击中鼻子。”我知道我们可以做得更好。领导力是一种深刻的自我体验。你能学多快?你愿改变多少?你要给予什么?你能承受哪些?
十 时刻领先。充分发挥自己的潜能……永远感激工作、员工和岗位。我和GE团队在一起的每一刻……他们对我来说就是世界上最重要的事情。我从来没有见过能比一位在飞机引擎或医疗设备上工作的工程师更专注于他们工作的人,你必须建立个人关系。在任何领域,顶尖人才都想把事情做大做好。领导GE需要有能力关注每个人,和他们一起努力做好工作。

今天的通用电气在全球基础设施方面占有重要的位置。我们重新规划了GE的战略和文化,在全世界各个重要的行业中建立了一个深入集中的投资组合。我们曾经也一直是:一个有奉献精神,有使命感的公司,我们拥有最优秀的人才,我们支持全球团队和客户,鼓励各种多元化的发展。
我们来到这家历史悠久的公司有各种原因。主要是,我们加入了GE,做更多的事情,推动它的发展壮大,为我们所服务的世界创造奇迹,做出贡献。今天和明天——这项工作仍在继续。
-古京丽翻译自杰夫 伊梅尔特2017年7月31日发表于LinkedIn的博客
I shared the following blog post with GEemployees. It’s about the lessons I learned as CEO of thecompany.Tomorrow, I will pass the baton over to John Flannery, who I knowis the right person to lead GE into the future.
Today is my last day as CEO of GE. Tomorrow, John Flannery takes charge ofthe world’s premier digital industrial company. I’ve known John for 20 years.He is a thoughtful, disciplined and inspiring leader. Our teams and customersrespect his judgment and his global focus. He is the right person to lead GEinto the future.
As I transition, I will be working closely with John and key stakeholders.However, this is my last blog to you. I thought I would offer some of thelessons I learned while leading GE. Leadership is a “one-act play,” and I’msure John will do the job his own way. On the other hand, learning is a part ofthe DNA for all good leaders. I never stopped learning, and I know John willkeep growing.
1.Set purpose with high standards.You must always conceptualize the future; have a point of view. Seta high bar and hold people accountable. Be willing to fight in the alley topreserve reputation. “Be on watch” every minute of every day. Be respectful andmotivating; be a competitor. Always focus on the important stuff.
2.Make the really tough decisions.These are the ones that no one really wants to do: cut the dividend,sell NBCU, buy Alstom. As CEO you must not fear judgment or criticism.Remember, every job or decision looks easy until you are the one on the line.And, always take the high road. I learned (the hard way) that you can’t controlevents; you can control yourself. But good leaders choose to take the highroad.
3.The future comes. Never apologize forinvesting in it.The long term is about more thana series of short terms. It is about ideas. The Industrial Internet andAdditive Manufacturing will define GE in the future. Don’t give up. Our best GEbusinesses have had a “True North” to build the future. Sometimes our ownershave a different time horizon or value metrics more than the process. Goodbusiness people value the journey as well.
4.Keep perception and reality in sync.This is not about candor; that is the easy part. Facts withoutcontext isn’t truth. Sometimes people want to “unload everything on their mind”and call it candor. They feel better疥虱康宁, everyone else feels worse. Always betransparent, but bring solutions. Remember that facts are a path to progress,not a way to pass judgment. Truth telling requires facts and context.
5.Act big and small, long and short; keep a lotof thoughts to yourself.The best leaders are versatilethinkers. Must be comfortable with strategy and details. Must have a world viewthat is 10-20 years out; and quarterly. Leave a few things “unsaid,” so thatothers can have the last word.
6.Deputize others.Trust your team. We move fastest when teams are purposeful andempowered. Our winning initiatives … global, digital, Ecomagination … all hadstrong teams that could move quickly and leverage our scale. Organization powershould be distributed.
7.We win in markets, not conference rooms.It is easy to get trapped inside the company. I truly believe thatcustomers determine our success. Surround yourself with “scouts” who willnegotiate for the future. You must listen to them. Be willing to experiment andfail. But winning requires doing and not talking. GE has a record high backlogand market share that will pay off over time. Leading in markets must beexistential, like oxygen.
8.Like the work more than the title.I worked for you and the investors. Every day away from the centraltask … at conferences, external councils, etc. … is a day off of mission. Inever cared that much about being a CEO, but I loved the multitude of tasksthat a CEO did. No job was ever beneath me. At GE, purpose and commitmentmatter.
9.Never give up.Mike Tyson said, “Everyone has a strategy until they get punched inthe nose.” I know we can get better. Leadership is a deep journey intoyourself. How fast can you learn? How much can you change? What do you want togive? What will you put up with?
10.Lead in the moment. Give fully of yourself…always appreciate work, workers and jobs Every minute I waswith the GE team … they were the most important thing in the world to me. Ihave never met someone more dedicated to what they do than an engineer whoworks on an aircraft engine or a piece of healthcare equipment. You must buildpersonal relationships. Top performers -- in any field -- want do work thatmatters, and they want to be part of something bigger. Leading GE requires anability to focus on each person, helping them do their best work together.
GE today is a global infrastructure powerhouse. We have re-imagined ourstrategy and culture, building a deep, focused portfolio with leadership in theworld’s most important industries. We are also who we’ve always been: a companyof dedicated, driven people with a deep sense of mission. We are a meritocracywith the highest standards. We stand up for our global teams and customers andembrace diversity in all forms.
We’ve come to this historic company for many reasons. Mainly, we’ve joinedGE to do something more, to be a part of something bigger, and to make adifference for the world we serve. Today -- and tomorrow -- that workcontinues.
- from Jeff Immelt (GE CEO) July 31, 2017, Linkedin blog

精彩文章导读
回复“启一”:查看《原创《墨攻》学领导,给空降兵和咨询顾问的启示一:建立信任
回复“启二”:查看《原创《墨攻》学管理青狼獒,给空降兵和咨询顾问的启示二:建立共赢目标
回复“启三”:查看《原创《墨攻》学管理三,彭悦先 团队建设就是招贤纳士》
回复“巴黎”:查看《原创 我的花儿与少年欧洲之旅第一站-别样的巴黎》
回复“瑞士”:查看《原创我的花儿与少年欧洲行第二站 - 海鸥深处彩云飞,人间仙境瑞士》
回复“有效”:查看《原创有效的个人生产力EPP》
回复“图标”:查看《【HR必备】手把手教你做图表汇总!》
回复“表格”:查看《HR实务 | Excel表格工资加密、身份证号加密技巧》
回复“高效”:查看《Facebook内部高效工作PPT指南》
回复“脑补”:查看《【脑补】高手是如何学习的?!》