彭小盛

又一个WordPress站点

CHATTERBOX MR-TOM叔叔讲故事

CHATTERBOX MR-TOM叔叔讲故事
说起话来,没完没了,你身边有这样的人么?!!

Mr Chatterbox was one of those people who simply couldn't stop talking.
He used to talk to anybody and everybody about anything and everything, going on and on and on.
Mr Chatterbox就是那种说起话来没完没了的人
以前他要是找到人说话,一说起来就没完没了。

and on and on and on.
没完没了。

and on and on and on.
没完没了。

And when he didn't have anybody else to talk to, he used to talk to himself.
"Good morning, Mr Chatterbox" he used to say to himself.
"Good morning to you," he used to reply to himself.
"Nice day , isn't it?"
"Yes it is the time of the year."
And so on, and so on, and on and on!
没人说话的时候,他就跟自己说话。
“早上好啊,Mr Chatterbox ”他对自己说。
“你也早上好啊。”他给自己回个招呼。
“今天不错啊,是吧”
“是啊,好光景啊。”
就这样一来一回,一来一回。

He lived in a box shaped house in a village.
Chatterbox Cottage!
他在村里住的房子就像一个匣子。
话匣子小屋!

One morning the postman arrived with a letter for him.
"Morning Mr Chatterbox," said the postman.
"Ah, good morning to you, Postman," replied Mr Chatterbox, "Although, as I was saying to myself yesterday, or was it the day before,罗宏明 I forget, however, it's not quite so good a morning, in my opinion, but I might be wrong, although I'm not very often, as it was the other day, Monday I think it was, or perhaps it was Tuesday, but nevermind, because it is quite a good morning, don't you agree, yes of course you do, because that's what you said to me in the first place, and ...."
And he went on and on, all morning, and the poor postman was late delivering all his letters.
那天早上,邮差给他带来一封信。
“早啊,Mr Chatterbox,”邮差说。
“啊凯瑟琳大帝 ,早啊,邮差先生,”他说,“虽然,昨天我也跟自己说来着,还是前天?忘了,不管了,在我看来,那天早上不太好,不过也许我说错了,虽然这样的时候不多,就像那天,那天是礼拜一吧,还是礼拜二,不过没关系了,今天天确实不错,你觉得呢,当然你也这么想的,因为刚才你就这么对我说的,而且…… ”
他就这么说起来没玩没了,说了整整一上午,搞得邮差都来不及送信了。

That afternoon Mr Chatterbox went into the hat shop in the village.
"Hello, Mr Bowler, " he said to the man who owned the hat shop."Do you think, if it's possible, that I could buy, if it's not too expensive, but I'm sure it won't be, a new hat, because, would you believe it, yes of course you would, but anyway, as I was saying糖宝扮演者 , my present hat, the one on my head, as you can see, is getting, how can I put it, a little too old, because I had it for, let me see now, it must be, let's think, ten years, no, I tell a lie, it can't be that long, or can it, well yes it could be, but on the other hand.... "
And he went on and on all afternoon and half the night, long after poor Mr Bowler should have shut up shop and go home.
那天下午,Mr Chatterbox来到村里的帽子店。
“你好啊,Mr Bowler。”他跟店老板打招呼,“你看,我能不能买一个,如果不是太贵的话,不过应该不会,买个新帽子呢。你相信吗,当然你会的,我现在的这顶帽子,你看看,该怎么说呢,有点过时了, 因为我戴了,大概,有十年了,不对,我说错了,没那么久,不过难说,也许吧,换句话说……”
他就这么说起来没玩没了,说了整整一下午流氓大领主 ,一直说到半夜,搞得老板很晚很晚才关店回家。

Eventually, when Mr Bowler managed to get a word in edgeways ( or was it sideways ), he promised to order a new hat for Mr Chatterbox.
Then he pushed Mr Chatterbox out of his shop, still talking of course, and went home for his supper, which was cold of course, because Mr Bowler had cooked it for him hourse ago.
And, while he ate, he thought.
最后,Mr Bowler总算插上话了,他答应给Mr Chatterbox定制一个新帽子。
然后,他把喋喋不休的Mr Chatterbox推出店外面,就回家吃晚饭去了。
晚饭已经凉了,因为那是几小时前做好的。
吃晚饭的时候,他好像在想心事。

Excatly one week later the new hat for Mr Chatterbox arrived, in a smart red hatbox.
The postman delivered it to Mr Bowler's shop.
"At last," said Mr Bowler, heaving a sigh of relief. "I think this hat is going to be the answer to the problem of Mr Chatterbox talking so much."
""I wish it could be," said the postman, "But how can it?"
"Because, " replied Mr Bowler, "this hat is a magic hat貔犰!"
"Oh," replied the postman, who didn't quite understand.
过了一个礼拜,给Mr Chatterbox定制的那顶帽子到了粉多多,装在一个精致的帽盒里。
邮差送到了老板的店里。
“终于到了,”Mr Bowler松了一口气,“我想就靠这顶帽子来解决Mr Chatterbox说话没完没了的问题了。”

That same afternoon Mr Bowler took the new hat round to Chatterbox Cottage.
"Oh, goody," said Mr Chatterbox, seizing the hatbox and opening it. "It's my new hat, my lovely new hat, I couldn't wait for it to arrive, in fact, I got up early this morning, because, aren't I silly, I just knew, I don't know how, but I really knew, you know, that today would be the day, I don't know how I knew, but I knew, and it is, and here's my hat, and oh, isn't it beautiful, I can't wait to try it on, oh I do hope it suits me米咖网 , do you think it will, yes of course you do, and ..."
"Why don't you try it on," said Mr Bowler, grinning.
那天下午,帽子店老板带着帽子来到话匣子小屋,也就是Mr Chatterbox的家。
“哦,太好了!”Mr Chatterbox看到那个帽盒子,一把拿了过去,打开了。“这是我的新帽子吧,多可爱啊,我可是一直在等啊,其实今天我起得很早,因为,虽然听上去挺傻,可我就知道帽子会到,我也不知道为什么,但我就是知道,我也不知道我是怎么知道的,这就是我的帽子啊,多漂亮啊,我都等不及要戴上了,希望正合适,你觉得呢,当然你肯定觉得合适,而且……”
“赶紧戴上吧,”老板笑着说。

"Try it on? Yes, of course I must try it on, how silly of me stand here chattering on when I haven't tried it on yet, yes, I will, absolutely, definitely, try it on straight away, because, as I said, it's silly just to talk about trying it on, and then not try it on, isn't it, and so..."
He took the hat out of the hatbox, and put it on.
It was a beautiful hat!
“戴上?是的,当然,我要戴上的,我可真傻,站这里啰啰嗦嗦还没戴上,好,我戴上,当然要戴上,马上就戴,我真是糊涂蛋,说要戴上还没戴上……”
他把帽子从盒子里拿出来,戴到头上。
帽子真漂亮!

"I say", he said, "I must say, yes I really must, that this hat, is , yes it really is, to say the least, one of the better hats that I have ever seen in my life, and in my life, I must say, I have seen some hats, and furthermore... "
But when he was talking a funny thing was happening.
The more words that come out of Mr Chatterbox's mouth, the larger his hat became.
The more Mr Chatterbox talked, the more the hat grew, and grew.
“我说嘛,”他说,“必须得说,真的,这帽子,真的是,这么说吧,至少是我这辈子见过的良品之一。有一说一,这辈子我见识过的帽子还是有一些的,而且……”
就在他喋喋不休的时候,发生了一个很有趣的事情。
他越是说个没完,那顶帽子就变得越来越大。
他说得越多,帽子就变得越大。

Mr Chatterbox kept on talking, and the hat kept on growing.
"I can't see anyting, " he said, "One minute I was standing here looking at my new hat in the mirror, and now, all of a sudden, without any warning, taking me all unawares, just like that..."
The hat grew down to his feet, and Mr Chatterbox stopped talking.
他还是说个不停,帽子也是继续变大。
“我看不见了,”他说,“刚才还在这里看着我的新帽子,现在,怎么一下子,毫无征兆,我眼前一片黑了,就跟……”
这时候,帽子已经盖到他的腿了,他终于安静了。

And, as soon as he stopped talking, the hat grew smaller and smaller, until it was the same size as when he'd first tried it on.
Mr Bowler had gone when Mr Chatterbox couldn't see him.
And now he was walking back to his shop. "My special magic hat really works," he chuckled.
他一安静下来,帽子就越变越小了,最后变回了原来的尺寸随风清 。
店老板趁他眼前黑的时候,已经走了。
现在他正在回店里的路上,“我的魔法帽终于管用了。”他一脸笑意。

The next day Mr Chatterbox was out for a walk when he met the postman in the village.
"Hello, Postman," he said, "I say, do you like my new hat, have you ever seen such a fine hat, I'm sure you never have, what a hat, and ..."
But you know what was happening, don't you?
第二天,Mr Chatterbox在大街上遇到邮差。
“你好啊,邮差先生,”他说,“你看,我的新帽子不错吧,你见过这么精致的帽子么,你肯定没见过,简直了……”
这时发生了什么变化,你知道的吧。

The hat grew and grew and grew the more Mr Chatterbox talked.
"Now I know what Mr Bowler meant by a magic hat," chuckled the postman.
And he went on his way, leaving poor Mr Chatterbox speechless.
"Hmm," he thought, thinking. Not talking... thinking!
Mr Chatterbox说个没完的时候,帽子就越变越大。
“现在我明白了Mr Bowler说的魔法帽是怎么回事了。”邮差也笑了。
邮差去忙自己的事了,留下可怜的Mr Chatterbox不知道说什么了。
“嗯,”他开始想了,琢磨了。 他不说话了!开始想了!

And do you know something?
That hat taught Mr Chatterbox his lesson.
And these day he doesn't talk half as much as he used to, or even a quarter as much. And you know the reason for that, don't you?
Yes, of course you do.
But....
Keep it under your hat!
现在你知道了吧?
那顶帽子就是用来给Mr Chatterbox一点教训的。
现在我们的Mr Chatterbox,说话没那么多了,只有以前的一半,甚至一半的一半了。你知道为什么了吧。
你肯定知道。
不过……
别说出来哈!
(完 / THE END)
与孩子分享英语绘本的重点,不在孩子听懂了什么,学到了什么,而是创造一个与孩子互动的机会,让孩子从小就熟悉英语的“味道“,以后学起来更容易。
希望,和我分享英语故事,不是作业,不是任务,而是与孩子共度的一段好时光。