彭小盛

又一个WordPress站点

closing in on title against West Brom 【体育】Chelsea-TheBeijingHour英语新闻

closing in on title against West Brom 【体育】Chelsea-TheBeijingHour英语新闻

CONMEBOL to invite China to 2019 Copa America
Beginning with football,
It is being reported that China will be invited to compete in the 2019 Copa America in Brazil.
China will join Japan, the United States,周戈楠 Mexico, Spain and Portugal to fill in the 6 wildcard slots at the continental competition.
The Copa America now only features 12 teams from CONMEBOL, CONCACAF and North America.
South America's football governing body earlier decided to expand the competition to include 16 teams.
CONMEBOL extended an invitation to China for the 2015 edition in Chile. China declined to focus on the World Cup qualifiers.
Chelsea closing in on title against West Brom
It is Manchester United and Ajax in the final of the Europa League.
United were held at 1-all by Celta de Vigo but progressed thanks to an 1-nil advantage from the first leg.
Ajax was defeated 3-1 but stepped over Lyonnais 5-4 on aggregate.
The final will be held in Solna杨茂之 , Sweden in two weeks' time.
In England,
Chelsea has the chance to secure its second Premier League title in 3 years this weekend against West Brom.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says although they are in the driver's seat for the title, they still need another 3 more points.
"Now we are in a moment that's right to enjoy, to live this moment with your players, with your fans, with the club信丰教育网 , together. With every one working with Chelsea. Let's not forget this season every single person who works for Chelsea deserves to enjoy this moment. It is also important to take these three points because after this I will be more relaxed."
On the other end of the table花笺记,
Hull City and Crystal Palace are in a crucial relegation battle.
Hull is in a more dangerous position at 3rd from bottom. Palace is 4 points ahead and needs a win to be completely safe.
In the Bundesliga,
This weekend features a clash between RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich.
10 points separate the teams at the top of the table.
Bayern already has its hands on the title and Leipzig has reached the Champions League.
Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuettl says the match will still be important in many other ways.
"The last home match anyhow is something very special - where we can say goodbye to our own fans but then having the record champions as well, is a true highlight! Even since before the beginning of the season we were hoping that we would not need any further points from this game and that is the situation now. That we were able to qualify for the Champions League with two matches remaining is sensational."
Bayern won their first-round match 3-nil at home in a 6-pointer when things were still unclear for the title.
Li Nan to head China's first game after CBA reform
In basketball,
Chinese national team coach Li Nan is making his debut in a friendly against Iran in Dalian next month.
It will also be China's first game under the new management.
China's Basketball Association announced a new approach last month to have two national teams.
The two teams will train and play independently. The elite players will be selected from these teams for international tournaments such as the 2019 World Cup.
Li Nan is sharing the responsibilities with Du Feng.
Boston defeat Washington to take 3-2 lead
In the NBA,
The Boston Celtics have clinched a 123-101 win over the Washington Wizards to take a 3-2 series lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Avery Bradley scored a playoff career-high 29 points.
Boston coach Brad Stevens says they were strong the offensives.
"I just thought we got great energy from everybody. Obviously Avery's (Bradley) first half, having 25 points at halftime雷有信 , but I thought that everybody was playing with the right purpose. We were trying to play a higher motor brand of basketball than we did in the last couple of games盛世薄欢 , in the halfcourt with regard to cutting more, being more active, being not just standing and watching. And we were a little bit better in that regard and it got us moving."
This morning, in the Western Conference犯罪高手 ,
The Houston Rockets are playing for survival against the San Antonio Spurs.
Houston cannot afford another defeat at 3-2 down.
NHL, MLB roundup
In the NHL,
The players are getting some rest ahead of the start of the Conference finals. Yesterday, Pittsburgh eliminated Washington 2-0, winning their eastern conference semifinal series in seven games. in the west, Anaheim eliminated Edmonton, also in seven games.
The conference finals will begin in the west. The puck drops at 9 o’clock in the morning, Beijing time, on Saturday in Anaheim, as the ducks host a Nashville Predators team that's had a few extra days off as they eliminated the St. Louis Blues in game 6 of their series on Monday. The eastern conference final also starts this weekend, on Sunday, 7 a.m. Beijing time, with Ottawa at Pittsburgh.
In MLBqq九仙 ,
There are 11 games on the schedule, and two are already in the books. The Boston Red Sox beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-1 while the Kansas City Royals blanked the Tampa Bay Rays 6-0. Three games have recently gotten underway including Seattle at Toronto林青贤, Houston in New York to take on the Yankees, and Baltimore at Washington. Other hilights later this morning will include the LA Dodgers at the Colorado Rockies and the Cincinnati Reds on the road, taking on the Giants in San Francisco.
Andy Murray defeated by lucky loser Coric
In tennis,
World number one Andy Murry has gone out to "lucky loser" Borna Coric in straight sets from the 3rd round of the Madrid Open.
Coric only made it into the main draw after Richard Gasquet withdrew with a back injury.
Coric says the fact that he came through is very motivational.
"Yeah definitely. Like I said, I was very lucky to be here. I was already booking my flight back to home张绪鹏 , so I just didn't expect it and like many people said 'the best things happen when you are least expecting it', so maybe this is happening right now."
The day had many more upsets that included Milos Raonic, David Ferrer妖行大唐 , Stan Wawrinka and Tomas Berdych.
Rafael Nadal came through Nick Kyrgios in straight sets.
The women's court earlier saw Chinese player Wang Qiang going down to Svetlana Kuznetsova.